Who we are:
Third I, Inc. builds custom software solutions for Global 1000 clients in media, retail, financial services, and other industries. We hire talented technologists who share our drive to empower great companies and extract insight from information.
A career at Third I provides more variety, challenge, and opportunity for advancement than you can find from a typical job. As a member of our small, fast growing organization you’ll see the impact of your contributions each and every day. Do you have what it takes to be on our team?
What we need:
This opportunity is for a strong Salesforce developer, who can help our client complete and enhance the capabilities of their Salesforce implementation, with the intent of joining as a permanent employee of our client based in Silver Spring, MD after an initial contracting period.
You are a natural problem solver, curious to explore new business challenges and driven to continuously build your technical skills. You have a bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science, math, engineering or science. You have 4+ years of experience developing in Salesforce, preferably using Sales Cloud, Service Cloud and Marketing Cloud. You are comfortable planning, designing, integrating, developing, testing, troubleshooting and deploying Salesforce solutions with little supervision. You can assist and coach junior Salesforce Developers and Administrators. You maintain a high degree of professionalism and integrity at all times.
As a core member of our consulting group you will work on and lead complex projects that break new ground. We don’t expect you to have all the answers but you definitely have resources that will help you get there quickly!
What you’ll be doing:
- Estimating your tasks accurately and providing status updates
- Looking ahead, raising risks, issues and suggestions to project management
- Understanding functional requirements, breaking them into user stories and acceptance tests
- Creating and maintaining technical designs and specifications
- Researching and applying design patterns to best meet the client requirements
- Customizing objects, fields, record types, page layouts and validations
- Writing test plans, creating test cases, setting up test data and test environments and managing the testing process
- Identifying defects, documenting, tracking, troubleshooting and resolving them
- Deploying change sets while adhering to client policies, procedures and tool sets
- Managing and configuring users, roles and permissions
- Creating customized reports and dashboards
- Staying abreast of new Salesforce.com features and functionality to anticipate and prevent negative impacts and take advantage of improvements
What you’ve already done:
- Four or more years Salesforce.com configuration, custom development and integration
- Earned Salesforce.com Developer certification
- Built capability with Apex Data Loader and other ETL tools
- Integrated Salesforce with external systems using SOAP/REST services
- Worked with Force.com Bulk API and the Metadata API
- Deployed solutions to production using change sets / Eclipse / ANT migration tool, detected and resolved deployment errors
- Worked with Sales Cloud, Service Cloud and Marketing Cloud (want to have)
- Salesforce mobile development using Salesforce1 / vfmobile (nice to have)
- Worked with configure price quote (CPQ) app such as Apttus or SteeBrick (nice to have)
- Worked with field service app such as Skedulo or Field Service Lightning (nice to have)
What you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- Performance bonus that you’ll have an impact on
- Big company perks in a small company atmosphere
- Opportunity to continue as a permanent employee of an established educational technology company after initial contracting period