Who we are:
Third I, Inc. builds expert solutions in business intelligence and data warehousing for Global 1000 clients in media, retail, financial services, and other industries. We hire talented technologists who share our drive to extract insight from information.
A career at Third I provides more variety, challenge, and opportunity for advancement than you can find from a typical job. As a member of our small, fast growing organization you’ll see the impact of your contributions each and every day. Do you have what it takes to be on our team?
What we need:
You are a natural problem solver who are deeply curious about analytics and passionate about technology. You have a foundation in math, engineering, or science and are unafraid of statistical methods.
As BI Java Developer, you will design, develop and implement Business Intelligence analytics solutions for our clients. You understand and apply best practices in project methodology, design, coding, testing and support. You bring extensive experience designing and developing Business Intelligence applications with Java programing, SQL, and strong database experience in OLTP, OLAP or MPP. You must have a proven competency in developing dashboards, reports, mobile solutions (front end development), and SDK experience in MicroStrategy or a comparable BI tool using highly normalized & denormalized data structure.
As a member of a fast-growing firm, the BI Java Developer also supports Third I's business goals and objectives through internal projects and your personal inititative. We don’t expect you to have all the answers but you definitely have resources that will help you get there quickly!
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing and developing high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
- Contributing to all phases of the development life-cycle.
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Ensuring designs are in compliance with specifications.
- Preparing and producing releases of software components.
- Supporting continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- Learning new technologies (Big Data Integration/Processing, ETL).
- Presenting solutions to all levels of management (including executive levels) with your superior communication skills.
- Drawing on your experience and resourcefulness to solve complex problems with minimal direction.
- Interacting effectively and patiently with customers - especially while under pressure.
- Working on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously to meet project deadlines.
- Establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with other employees.
- Providing technical development expertise for implementation of design as it relates to the existing applications that correspond with the architecture strategies at an enterprise level.
- Supporting project leadership with key input such as task estimation and contributions to build vs buy analysis.
- Integrating software components, subsystems, facilities and services into existing technical environments, assessing impact on other systems, and working with cross functional teams to ensure positive project impact.
- Participating in development of standards, design, and implementation of proactive processes to collect and report data and statistics on assigned systems.
- Implementing security using technologies such as SSL, Public-Key encryption, and Certificates or other security technologies.
What you’ve already done:
- Experience with MicroStrategy SDK a MUST.
- At least 3-5 years experience in developing MicroStrategy applications using Java and/or .NET SDK of MSTR.
- Knowledge/Experience on enterprise portal integration.
- In depth knowledge of MicroStrategy report development and schema design.
- 3-5 years of experience with MicroStrategy Reporting tool.
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement, and optimize reports in large data environment.
- SQL knowledge and ability to tune SQL.
- Demonstrates ability to work with business users for their data analysis needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong problem solving skills, and the ability to navigate complicated database relationships and understand how that data can best be leveraged to meet customer needs.
- Self-starter able to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment with multiple priorities. Ability to learn, evaluate, and adapt tools/technologies to meet business and project objectives.
- Experience working in MSTR v9.4.1 and above.
- Good to have an understanding about MicroStrategy Mobile SDK.
- Hands on experience in working with Hadoop, Spark, and big data technologies.
What you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- Performance bonus that you’ll have an impact on
- Big company perks in a small company atmosphere
Skills to Succeed:
The right candidate will have a combination of following:
Must: Data Modeling/Data Structures, Business Analysis, Database Design
Want: Programming, Database (any), Data Quality
Preferred: MOLAP/Cube Design, ETL (understanding of), Programming – Web
Bonus: Programming – Unix, Programming - Java, SDK, .Net, etc., Predictive Analytics / Data Mining, Reference/Master Data Management, Big Data Concepts / Technologies, Tableau/Qliktech
MicroStrategy Skills and SDK
Must: Schema Design & Development, Data Modeling for MicroStrategy, Report Design & Development, SQL/MDX (any), Advanced Metrics / Report Development, Installation and Configuration, Dashboards & Scorecards
Want: Visual Insight
Preferred: Multi-source & I-cube Architecture, System Optimization and Administration, Mobile Development
Bonus: Transaction Services, MicroStrategy Office, Narrowcast/Distribution, D3 js, MSTR as web services, Web SDK, Mobile SDK, Visualization SDK
Foundations to launch:
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in engineering, computer science, math or related fields
- 3+ years of progressive technology and/or professional services experience specifically with the MicroStrategy and SDK platform. Programming experience in anything is plus.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in Java programming and using enterprise tool kit.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in SQL programming in platforms with large data asset within an OLTP, OLAP and MPP architecture.
- Minimum of 3 years experience with Enterprise BI tools such as MicroStrategy or IBM Cognos design & development based on normalized & denormalized data model.
- A total of 3 years of experience in corporate systems environments required. Experience with a variety of Information Management applications, programming languages, and technologies preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years experience with writing and debugging complex SQL queries.
- Minimum of 2 years experience with SDK (Java, MicroStrategy or other BI Tool)
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- Certifications in Java+SDK, Hadoop, SQL or MicroStrategy are a plus